Today's weather conditions inspired us to create a snack everyone loves, Snowballs!
To create these snowy treats follow the instructions below.
- Ladle the batter into greased muffin/cupcake tins and bake according to cupcake instructions.
3 egg whites2 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 1/3 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup boiling water
- Combine egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and vanilla with a mixer on a low speed.
- Then add boiling water while mixer is at low speed.
- Once all of the water is added turn to high speed and beat until peak stands.
- Using a cupcake corer or a knife, turn the cupcake upside down and core out the middle.
- Fill the middle of the cupcake with the frosting. We used a piping bag, but you can also use a spoon.
- Using the rest of the frosting, ice the the entire cupcake.
- Sprinkle/Press the coconut all over the cupcake.
- We chilled the completed snowballs for a half an hour before serving.
Enjoy these with a nice cup of Hot Chocolate after an afternoon of playing in the snow.