While looking for a quick and easy breakfast treat last weekend we came across these amazing Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins on the blog How To: Simplify. They are super simple and quick to make. The best part is there are no crazy ingredients, you should have all of this already in your cabinets.
Lets just say that they didn't last long in our house.
Ingredients: (makes 12)
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin. (We used Crisco and they popped right out.)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the oil, sugar, egg and milk in a large bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
- Divide the batter up evenly into the muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking melt the butter and prepare the cinnamon and sugar mixture on a shallow plate.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes and then shake the muffins out of the muffin pan while they are still warm.
- Dip the muffins into the melted butter and then roll them in the cinnamon and sugar. Place on a wire rack to cool.